Wednesday, July 17, 2013

On our way again

We are leaving Petersburg for Amalga Bay, north of Auke Bay which is NW of Juneau. This is new territory for me and I'm excited to check it out. Beautiful sunny day in SE Alaska. Got my boots on and ready for work. 

During those rainy, cloudy days, I loke to make soups pr stews for us. I made pho twice and everyone enjoyed it. The beef stew was average, so if anyone can recommend a hearty recipe for the slow cooker, I'd  appreciate it. Jeff made his awesome Okinawa chicken tonight and I had a break from doing the entire meal. Spoiled the boys yesterday with biscuits and gravy, bacon, scrambled eggs with red potatoes and cheese. So this morning it was a yogurt Greek style with berries  and honey. 
Mornings like today are a great treat. Jeff and I got to walk to the coffee shop and wander around town. We walked back to the boat, and I had some time to spare. So I headed to the flower shop and book store for some quiet time. It was delightful. 

So happy.... Aloha. 

3 comments:

  1. Love those knee socks and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog, please keep them coming. Thanks for the sweet card. It lifted my sprits. Don't know if you are in cell or internet range, but would love to discuss travel dates with you. Wishing you both safe sailing. Much love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hot legs! ;-) - Alex

    ReplyDelete