Monday, July 20, 2015

60 days and counting...

We have been on the boat for 60 days so far. Everyone is doing well here. Some mechanical issues and lots of long drives have made this an interesting season so far. We crossed the Gulf again and we are up in Valdez. It's a beautiful place and one of our favorite p[laces to tender. The folks up here are nice and the views breathtaking. The pictures I have taken do not capture the feeling but perhaps your imagination can help:

We are enjoying nice weather. The rain let up to blue skies. I have been cooking. Tonight was cheeseburger pie, a favorite with the guys. Made chicken soup, French toast, another quiche and some pretty good sandwiches over the past week. When we are driving long distances, we sleep in shifts and subsequently eat in shifts. So it's a challenge to cook items that we can all snack on as our shifts change. With only 3 on board this year, there is not as much need for lots of large meals. I have adapted my cooking for what we have going on in those next few days.

About to start another all-nighter, taking fish and then driving to a cannery. 

Entering the port of Valdez today. The seiners are setting their nets or lining up for a good spot.

Sending my best wishes to family and friends. A special shout out to Maren, hang in there. I'm behind you 100%. Whatever you need, just let me know. I'll be there.
Joanna

1 comment:

  1. Such gorgeous pictures! So good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete