Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Loving life!

Hello all!

Quick update - everything is great! We are in Seward, one of my favorite towns in Alaska. We finished our Homer/Larsen Bay gig and we are ready to tender salmon.  The deck is all set up, supplies and groceries purchased, and we are ready to work. All we need now are fish... but there isn't a lot of fish.

But that's ok! I spent the day cleaning up, running errands and generally enjoying the freedom of no deadlines and mountain sunshine. I have also let go of some obligations I thought I had to hold onto - turns out there was no need! I am free of these obligations and even if I held onto them, it wasn't appreciated anyway! I feel like an enormous weight of needing to appease, apologize and accommodate has been lifted. Wow. What a wonderful feeling. I had no idea it was weighing me down so much for so long. And, as it turns out, it wasn't doing anyone any good but just hurting me and enabling people that don't really care about me anyway. Now that the burden is gone, I can breathe. I can relax and laugh. I can enjoy my husband and soak up this beautiful place we work in. Life is good!

Now, I like to add a photo to every post, because photographs are fun. As an introduction to this photo, I have to tell you that I love bookstores, especially those with a resident cat. Well, the hardware store in Seward has a cat, Mufasa. While there purchasing bolts, duct tape and various items for the boat, I met the cat. Since I was not in a huge hurry, I sat by his scratching post and we played for a bit. Mufasa rolled over and let me rub his belly. We had a nice visit.

Mufasa, the hardware store cat
Every hardware store should have a cat. The folks there explain that he is a great mouser. Now when the guys need something from the hardware store, I am quick to volunteer. Unfortunately, Mufasa was out hunting mice today. Apparently he had already caught two from behind the store and brought them into the store. The staff was not pleased with his work, since his job is to get rid of them instead of hunt them down and bring them inside, still alive and twitching. He is such a cool cat, as you can see, I am sure he doesn't care.

Tonight will be the 3rd night in a row I do not have to cook dinner! I know, it just gets better and better. Jeff and I are headed out to one of our favorite restaurants. Eventually, we will be very busy and worn out, but in the meantime, I am going to soak it all up. Appreciate it. Live it. Love it.

Much aloha to my friends and family!
Joanna

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Love the Mufasa story. Sounds like all is well and you're enjoying a little down time. Best get it while the getting is good. We all know how crazy busy it gets once the salmon arrive! Take care. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! Love the Mufasa story. Sounds like all is well and you're enjoying a little down time. Best get it while the getting is good. We all know how crazy busy it gets once the salmon arrive! Take care. ☺

    ReplyDelete