Thursday, June 11, 2015

Here we are - in Larsen Bay! Big surprise...

There is not much to report. We remain in Larsen Bay, and it has been 8 days on anchor. We may be leaving tomorrow, but I am reluctant to count on it. The chances of leaving seems unlikely. There isn't a lot of fish. Regardless, we will be ready at 10:30 am with the high tide. We have three hours next tot he barge before the tide changes and we have to move.

Jeff and I walked around the harbor today. It is cold, windy and raining. But we are making the best of it. I have been cooking a few hearty meals: penne with bolognese and fresh parmesan cheese, Thai coconut chicken over rice, burritos with beef, black beans, rice and cheese, rib-eyes and asparagus on the grill with a nice green salad, fried rice and poached eggs on bagels with cheese. Jeff and Ty do the grilling and I love it.
Jeff and Joanna at Larsen Bay June 2015
The cooking has been fairly easy and keeps me busy. As it turns out, I am only cooking for 3 instead of 4 people. Our new greenhorn likes to cook his own meals. From what I can tell, it consists of hot dogs cut up and mixed in with instant noodles or, sometimes, it's scrambled eggs and hot dogs. He is very polite about it, and says he prefers Asian food. I didn't know hot dogs were a big part of the Asian diet. Even when I make something like stir fry or the ever popular Thai coconut chicken, he stays in his room. Oh well. At least he helps with the dishes.

Joanna surrounded by seine nets, Larsen Bay, June 2015
My Dad is doing well, thanks to everyone for their thoughts and best wishes. I wish I could be there to help out, but I know he has a lot of people looking after him. But it isn't the same, you know? I worry. I can't sleep and when I do, I have these awful nightmares. Jeff is my rock - he is patient and understanding while we wait for updates. My Dad is as tough as a $2 steak, as our dear friend Brian would say. He is doing great, and he is going to heal fast!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! You'll be happy to hear that I found (and purchased for $3) a baby monitor at Sal's Boutique the other day. Now you just have to come back to Petersburg to get it. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! You'll be happy to hear that I found (and purchased for $3) a baby monitor at Sal's Boutique the other day. Now you just have to come back to Petersburg to get it. 😉

    ReplyDelete