Monday, July 30, 2012

12 year old Scotch with 10,000 year old ice

Jeff announced to me that he is going to have 12 year old Scotch with 10,000 year old ice. I busted out laughing because it just sounded so good. Made me smile. And he will be able to because Bryce went into the river for a piece, wrapped it up, loaded it in the van and carried it back to the boat. I picked the scotch up at the grocery store, which isn't that exciting, but required nonetheless.

Here is a photo of me, standing in melted glacial ice. The glacier outwash is the name of the river of melted ice. It's beyond freezing cold. Felt great.




Today was a busy day in the galley. I cut and packaged up brownies, went to the grocery store, put beef stew on, made nachos with taco meat and this awesome guacamole by Keysa. The guys rented a carpet cleaner and did all of the upholstery and carpets. Excellent work and such an improvement on the boat. There is no fishing the next day or 2, so we are working on the boat at the dock. It's nice to be in town.

- Joanna

Location:Seward, Alaska

1 comment:

  1. Send me some glacial ice! It just sounds so refreshing....

    ReplyDelete