Friday, July 13, 2012

We have fish debris!

Up until last night, I've been able to stay fairly clean. Meaning, I haven't had to climb down into the tank and shovel fish, or stand at the sorting table throwing fish into the proper bins, and I've stayed pretty dry too. Well, that came to an end last night. Granted I didn't get as soaked as my crew mates, but I had to stand next to the weight box and pull these levers for about 5 hours. During this arduous process, I got splattered with fish foam, fish juice, and fish guts. The hot shower and nap felt great before my wheel watch.

We are on our way back to Seward to deliver fish. I've got to go grocery shopping for about 7 days of food. We do not know yet where we are headed, but the best guess is down to Southeast Alaska, to possibly go in and out of Petersburg. So, our Prince William Sound trips are probably over, but we will see a whole different part of Alaska. Will try to post videos to you tube if we are in port long enough. Here's today's photo:



Driving to Seward just off of Cape Puget.

-Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment