Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sitting on the bow of the boat

Gorgeous day!
Finished all of my chores. Cooked enough food for the next 24 hours of work. So, I'm taking a break and sitting on the bow in the sunshine finishing and excellent book, the Poisonwood Bible.

But wanted to stop and say hi for the short time I have 3g. My dear sister and friend Kurstin always takes pictures of her toes in the sand. Thought of her today with my toes in a different place entirely. The hum of the boat is powerful as we travel at about 10 knots. I can feel the hum of the engine on every surface and right into my bones. I can hear the waves against the bow. The sun is shining.

We are driving and hauling fish constantly. In my varied career, this is one of the best jobs ever!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Valdez

1 comment:

  1. Love the Poisonwood Bible! Glad you're having so much fun, Joanna! Every picture you post looks like a postcard.

    ReplyDelete