Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Down in the tank...


Check out my video on you tube. It has to do with this story:


We were transferring fish the other night.  They pumped out as much fish as possible, then Bryce our deckhand, went down into the tank to spray water into the corners (best way to put it) to keep the fish moving and going out thru the hose. At some point it gets so low, that we have to push the fish closer and then eventually toss them into totes. So, I bundled up and went down into the tank when it was low enough not to get inside my boots. Ty kept saying no, no, you don’t have to go down there. He thought he should be down there helping, but he would immediately have to come back up to deal with something else. I reminded him that he is the chief engineer now and I am the deckhand, so hold the ladder and tell my husband to get the camera. As Mom would say - "cut the chatter, I am going in." And down I went. It is a weird sensation stepping on and around dead fish. But I had my shovel and pushed them toward the pump as fast as I could. Then tossed the rest in a tote with Bryce. We were done in no time. I certainly wasn’t going to stand on deck and watch him work down there alone. 

So, all is well. Still having fun and learning a ton. We are only in town for 4 hours tonight and racing back out to the fishing grounds- where exactly, I do not know.

Thanks to all who have checked out my blog. One disclaimer - nothing I say in here is fact-checked or  necessarily accurate. My purpose here is to keep my friends and family updated on this crazy job I have this summer. That's all. Please don't take it seriously. Just having a little fun.
Joanna

1 comment: