Monday, August 5, 2013

Checking in

We are waiting to offload. Lots of fish to process. After the last 2 day opener, virtually everyone headed back to town:

This was the view from the wheelhouse. Boat masts fill the skyline in Petersburg.  The world if commercial fishing is complicated and fascinating.  

Reading lots of great books:

Ocean Treasure by Johnson and Byers
What ship is that? A field guide to boats and ships
Alaska Inside Passage
As the Gurney Turns
And more but I can't get to them right now. Jeff is grabbing a quick nap before another late night. Since I can't go in the room without waking him, I will add to the list later. 

Pa is doing ok. We haven't found Sandy, his little dog yet, but Pa is in ABQ with my folks. Think he is enjoying the company!

Thanks for the photo Sarah. This made my day and it had been a hard day. Much love to our families... Be in touch soon  
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment