Saturday, August 10, 2013

Swimming and salmon berries



We are plowing through the summer quickly now. Not sure how long we will get to stay, but we are working hard and playing hard - soaking up every moment of this summer.  Don't know if I will be back nest year, and will treasure these memories when Jeff goes fishing without me. 

On a blue bird day, I jumped in the water right off the boat and swam around.  We were anchored up in Hawk Inlet and Bryce jumped in too. Jeff and Ty watched and laughed at us. The ladder I am climbing up is one of my favorite things this summer. So nice to have on hand for getting on and off the boat. Although I am never trying to get in the water and trying to avoid falling in at all costs as I traverse from the boat and the dock. Using the ladder to get into this cold, Alaska water was a very rare event. There were porpoise (we call them porpi because it makes Jeff laugh every time) swimming all around the boat, but none came to close.

We are in Affleck Canal for a few days. Exploring the south end of Kuiu Island in SE. 

All the best to our friends and family. 
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment